Sunday, February 12, 2017

Delicious Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Today into Monday we're going to be getting a doozy of a storm. Some areas of our state will be getting 12+ inches. I've done my storm prep by getting all the flashlights around, laundry is completely done, dishes are done and I've filled up jugs of water.

Yesterday, while I was cooking up the Sweet Potato Skin Chicken Fajitas, I also cooked up tonight's dinner. I made up an Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. It would have been easy to warm up dinner sized servings on the wood stove if we had lost power.


It is simply delicious and this recipe uses only a few items that I usually have on hand.

Ingredients:
Pork Tenderloin - I used a 2 lbs, but it can be any size
1/4 Apple- chopped
1/4 Onioin- chopped
1 Slice of Bread- chopped into cubes
3 tsp of Apple Butter - I used some scrumptious apple butter my sister-in-law made, but you can use any type of apple spread. I've even used apple sauce with cinnamon before.

Chop up the apple, onion and bread. Cook them in a frying pan with 1 tsp of apple butter until the apples are soft. Remove them from the heat and let them cool.

Cut open your pork tenderloin

Once the apple mixture is cool, place it in the pork and fold the pork back up


Use the rest of the apple butter as a glaze on the outside of the pork

Cook at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes - this will be longer if you use more than 2 lbs. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment