Saturday, February 11, 2017

Healthy Chicken, Broccoli, and Quinoa

I've joined a weight loss challenge for the month of February. So, I've started working out and making healthy and hearty dishes. I had nothing on the menu for dinner and was searching a new app I've downloaded and found this recipe. It's from Mealtime, and so far I love it. It's had some great ideas for quick, easy and healthy dishes. It was a last minute dish that I just happened to have all the ingredients for.


It's called Chicken, Broccoli and Quinoa. It was delicious and my husband absolutely loved it. 




Ingredients:
1 pound chicken
1 medium head of broccoli
1/2 medium onion diced
4 cloves garlic
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup cheese


Chop up the onion, garlic, broccoli and chicken. Set the broccoli to the side.








Cook the onions and chicken until chicken is just done and onions are translucent
Add the garlic- cook until fragrant
Add chicken broth and quinoa- bring it to a boil, reduce heat and then cover


Cook for 10 min- then add the broccoli
Cook until broccoli is done and all juice is gone
Sprinkle with the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted



Then enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment