Saturday, August 19, 2017

Garden Fail

So, with doing this blog I need to be completely honest because life isn't always sunshine, roses and success.

In the spring we were all about doing a garden, we had the garden plotted out with what we were planting and plans to expand it.  We were going to try to preserve our harvest to eat during the winter. Well....... as you can see below, the garden didn't happen.




Between our son, my husband's alternative work schedule and me having to work a lot of overtime, the garden didn't come through. I did do a few tomato plants in buckets on our back deck. Sadly even the tomatoes did poorly and were devoured by slugs. So, overall, this year I feel like a garden failure.



But we have decided to make sure that our plans are ready to go for next year. We'll be preparing the gardens within the next month for next year. They have gotten overgrown this year from disuse. We'll rota-til it, spread some compost/fertilizer and cover it.  We're also going to prepare to expand it for next year.

I'll keep you updated about our progress of getting it ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment