Thursday, March 2, 2017

3 - Things I do to Find more Time in My Day




I'm a working mom, I clock forty+ hours a week and take care of my munchkin. My husband is very helpful, but he also works long hours. In order to do all the things I want to do and get done, I've had to get creative with my time. Working from home has been very beneficial to this, it allows me to do a few things on my lunch break, like the dishes, change the laundry, fold clothes, and other little cleaning things that add to the time I have later in the day. I make a daily list of everything I want to get done, usually it's a list of 10-20 things, which only 2-4 get done.

As any mom or dad of an infant knows, you jump when they cry. So, my to do list seems to keep getting longer and longer but as long as my house is sort of clean and my son is fed, bathed and happy, it doesn't matter. Now, some of the creative things I've done to find the time:

I purchased a baby carrier. The one I got was a MO+M carrier you can find it here on Amazon. I really like this pack. It is easy to use and allows me to work around the house while my little guy is able to have mommy time. He has even fallen asleep while I'm working around the house. I do struggle with trying to pick items up off the floor, but that is also due to having extra weight on my front.

I've also started trying to monetize my crocheting. I make little gum cleaners for babies. They are made with soft cotton and slip on your finger to clean your babies mouth. To do this, I need both hands, so, one place I've found time to do this is while traveling in the car. When my husband drives, I can crochet my finger covers. I've listed them on Etsy, you can find them here, hopefully they'll have some success.


















If I don't have a set plan, I can be very loosey goosey and not get anything done. So, to combat this, I make lists, and once the list is done, I create a game plan. In my mind, I try to figure out the fastest way to get everything done. So, if my list has laundry, dishes, clean off the kitchen counters, sweep, hand wash the bottles, and make dinner. I start with laundry because it's a quick hit and the washing machine can be running while I get everything else done. Then I do the dishes, I want to be able to have them off the counter so I can clean it. Also, just like with the laundry, the dishwasher can run while I'm working on the next project. I usually jump next to hand washing the bottles, that helps with my cleaning off the kitchen counters, because it's hard to clean them off when the dirty bottles are some of the things sitting on them. Then I clean the counters, I want to make sure that they are clean and wiped down before I make dinner on them. Then I get dinner going, once it's whipped up and cooking, I do another quick clean of the counters. Then boom, sweep the floor and I'm done. I always sweep the floor last because even when you try to be careful, some food crumbs or stuff from the counters will fall on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment